Time's Top Trends...

image via catwalkqueen
Well, those bastions of style over at time magazine have done it again; they've pinpointed the top ten must haves of 2006, and (surprisingly) they got it right.
1. Mini dresses-Yep, Yep, Yep

2. Skinny jeans- What can I say, even my mother threatened to buy a pair of skinny jeans. Enough Said.

3. Platform boots- Few of us can afford to sport those pricey Balenciaga boots, but among the young and hip they were the cat's pajamas.

4. Wide belts-I'm going to go out on a limb, and say that the wide belt is dead. Officially.

5. Ballet flats- Umm, ballet flats are old news now. Catch up, 'Time'.

6. Tunics- The tunic has been 'in' for quite awhile, but, yeah, I guess
they're in.

7. Brogue shoes- I'll be perfectly honest, I have no idea.

8. Thom Browne-The famed Menswear Designer was responsible for a style I like to call 'Geek Chic'; too-short pants and jackets are this hipsters staples.

9. Thomas Wylde- Though not a househould name, Wylde is credited with starting the skull and crossbones trend; I beg to differ.

10.Black Nail Polish- All serious fashionistas know that the hottest accessory this year wasn't the quilted Marc Jacobs bag or those sky high Christian Louboutins, but the coveted Chanel 'Black Satin' nail polish. Let me ask you: before the advent of 'black satin', had you ever heard of a 3-month waiting list for nail polish? Me neither, but I dutifully placed my name on that list, and I'm still waiting.

Related Articles by Categories



I'm reading: Tweet this!

0 comments

Post a Comment